Exchange configuration question

  • From: "Andrew English" <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 11:59:28 -0500

I have Exchange 2003 setup on a Windows 2003 Standard server which is
connected to the DC like you connect a workstation. It is not connected
to AD in anyway. When I initially re-installed both the AD and EX on a
Standard server I first ran /forestprep, and /domainprep on the AD
before installing EX on the Standard server.

With that all said an done, when I go to any users on the AD machine and
get properties I do not get the Exchange tabs, however I do them on the
Exchange server under AD Users and Computers. When the users try to
access their mail boxes can't because Exchange doesn't seem know who
they are.

This network is setup with 1 EX 2003 box, the client doesn't make
billions to afford both a front-end and back-end server.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Andrew