Exchange cluster with ScanMail 6.1 and NAVCE 7.5

  • From: "AaronE" <aarone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 14:02:39 -0600

Someone might have experienced this.  I have an Exchange active/passive
cluster.  Both nodes have SP3 for Exchange and Trend Micro's ScanMail 6.1.
 I then installed Norton Antivirus Corporate Edition (NAVCE) 7.5
"unmanaged" client on both nodes.  After that, I configured both nodes to
exclude scanning of the Exchange's, IIS', and ScanMail's system files
including the "Drive M" of Exchange.  After I perform a manual failover,
some of the Exchange cluster resources on the active node are stopping,
offline, or have failed.  This will also be the result if I switch it back
to the previous node.  To resolve this, I have to uninstall both NAVCE 7.5
and ScanMail 6.1, and then reinstall again ScanMail 6.1.  How can both
ScanMail 6.1 and NAVCE 7.5 work properly in an Exchange cluster
environment?  I need NAVCE 7.5 for file-based virus scanning.