[ExchangeList] Re: Exchange and virtualization

  • From: "Kamuni, Prabhakar" <Prabhakar.Kamuni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 13:41:05 -0000

Patrick,

There is no direct answer with me but let me tell you my view

Are you going with MSCS?

How many users? You have? Based on this answer I can explain you.

If it is a small amount of users and you are not having MSCS, without
thinking any you can go-ahead and install your exchange in Vmware.

If you have 1000's of users and if you're planning to go with MSCS
personally I suggest you to go with Physical boxes.

Even if you have Exchange 2007 for - HUB, CAS, UM, Edge you can go with
VM servers, but for mailbox cluster nodes in Exchange 2007 also I
suggest to go with Physical servers.

  Thanks and Regards

PRABHAKAR KAMUNI |  ECG- De Beers Project | Tech Lead

Unisys Global Services India  |  135/1 Residency Road  |  Bangalore |
Business Phone +91 4159 4828|Net 759 4828

Mobile: 0091-9945333367

and its attachments from all computers.