RE: Exchange and Instant Messenging question.

  • From: "Stanek, Jami" <JStanek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 13:13:26 -0600

Brandon,
Do you have any anti virus software running on that exchange box? Is it
hosting your SMTP traffic as well. I m in my intial testing with Exch2k and
have seen norton 7.6 do the same thing. What I am developing is that my
smtp, filtering and antivirus are going to be on one machine and my exchange
users and mailbox are going to be on another.. This is a great solution to
help protect yourself from virii etc.

Let me know,.
Jami L. Stanek
Polycom