Exchange Virtual HTTP and SSL question

  • From: "Andrew English" <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 10:13:46 -0500

Currently I have a separate SSL box on my LAN. I also use Exchange
Virtual HTTP for OWA since I host several sites. In the properties in
any of the virtual http sites under Exchange the SSL field is grayed
out. Does this mean that Certs Server should be running on the Exchange
server?? Does anyone know of work around to fix this problem?

The real issue is the fact that the field is grayed out and blank on the
virtual HTTP settings than when I add 443 on the to SSL on the virtual
HTTP site at the IIS level that over time it gets knocked off because it
was not added to the original virtual HTTP server under Exchange.

Does this mean that Certs Server should be running on the Exchange
server?? Does anyone know of work around to fix this problem? Is there a
reg fix, I wonder if there is away to add the SSL port to the site in
the registry if there is such a thing?

Andrew