Exchange Upgrade Schema Question.

  • From: "Sian Clarke" <Sian.Clarke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 13:05:15 +0100

Hi All,

I'm planning an upgrade using new hardware from EX2000 to 2003 and all
is going well.  I've a query regarding my schema however.  By means of
disater recovery in event of failure, I had planned to fully backup my
schema master (including SystemState) prior to running my forest and
domain preps., and then to restore from here should the worse happen.
I've since read in an MS article
that "You cannot authoritatively restore the schema.".  Is this me
reading it wrong, in that you simply don't need to authoritatively
restore the schema- if you restore SystemState on your schema master, or
is there another method I'm not aware of?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks for your time,

The Information contained in this message is confidential and is
intended for the addressee only. If you have received this message in
error or there are any problems please notify the originator immediately.
The unauthorised use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message
is strictly forbidden. This mail and any attachments have been scanned
for viruses prior to leaving the Newham University Hospital NHS Trust network.
Newham University Hospital NHS Trust will not be liable for direct, special,
indirect or consequential damages arising from alteration of the contents
of this message by a third party or as a result of any virus being passed on.