RE: Exchange Storage recommendation

  • From: "Douglas M. Long" <dlong@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 09:35:19 -0400

The important thing is to have enough disk in the array to handle the
number of IOPS. Don't make the same mistake that others have and base
your storage off size capacity instead of performance. Although you may
be able to cheaply configure an array with 5 disk to fit your capacity
needs you may really need 20 smaller disk to meet your performance
needs.