RE: Exchange Space

  • From: "Faizal Khan" <mis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 08:25:09 -0400

I wouldn't recommend circular logs since if exchange crashes you would
lose all your data and restore usually be hard to perform.
I would recommend setting the option of Remove logs after 5 days.
My recommendation also is to redirect the Public folders to drive D: as
C: drive usually needs to have certain amount of space free.  Let your
users know that you can't have them putting 39 gig in mailboxes that
usually is slow, but you can create hierarchical folders and place
needed files there and map that folder to users (this would speed up
accessing information).
My problem was solved by redirecting the mailboxes to drive D:\ by the
way I learn something, never move logs nor exchange mailboxes to a NTFS
compressed drive using Exchange SP3.
Good Luck!
With Kind Regards,
Faizal Khan