Exchange Size or Outlook Size Problem?

  • From: "Kenny Mann" <Kennymann@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 08:51:07 -0600

I've seen many a size questions, which I'm sure are somewhat related to
computer speeds.

There is a program called GoldMine. They claim that Outlook, generally,
can only handle around 10,000 contacts.
We, currently, are having problems with our Exchange server holding BIG
email accounts. Sizes of around 250MB or so, starts getting extremely
slow.
We currently have plenty (2GB) of RAM, 1.13ghz processor, UltraSCSI 15k
RPM 18GB (Mirrored) hard drives.
100Mb network. The clients are basic computers. ~700mgz / 128-256MB RAM
/ IDE 7200 RPM hd ( > 5GB free space)

Office version is Office XP with some Office 97's.

I've seen a recent email stating that sizes of 2GB is the limit,  but I
don't understand how someone could hit that limit when we are having
problems with 250MB.

I believe we might have something setup wrong or perhaps aren't using it
correctly. Any suggestions?
Has anyone here heard of GoldMine and/or have any suggestions?

I have consulted the mostly-all-knowing Google and could not find any
answer.
TIA!

--Kenny Mann