Re: Exchange Service account?

  • From: Göran Svensson <goran@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 12:46:45 +0100

Hi,
thanks for the tip Paul!

I have been tampering with the account for a wile then I read the exellent
article:
http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/How_to_get_access_to_all_mailboxes_in_Exchange_2000_Server.html

Then I created a new account with only the Administrator and Exchange Domain
Servers group and with the Exchange Domain Servers as default. Loged in and
done Exmerge. And it worked first time! No wait for AD replication, maybe
because I´m on the PDC where also the exch srv is. So now I can use that
account to import all mail.pst files.

My next problem is to find a "easy" way to bulk import all the users domain
account from the old server. I have done csv files with user accounts but I
havent found a way to bulk import it in to the Exch 2000 srv yet?

The reason that I use csv files is that I have no "working" connection over
the net to the old 5.5 srv (only managed to make a one way trust, over
Internet).

/göran

> Hi Goran
>
> Exchange 2000\3 doesn't have a service account in the same way that
Exchange