Re: Exchange Service account?

  • From: <paul_lemonidis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 10:55:58 -0000

Hi Goran

Exchange 2000\3 doesn't have a service account in the same way that Exchange
5.5 does. What you need to do is to give the account that is going to be
used to exmerge the data in permissions to all the mailboxes that it will be
importing in to. The best way to do this is to give the account permissions
to the mailbox container. You could also do it at organisation level too if
you have multiple mailbox stores. Of course I cannot comments on any
possible security issues that this may involve. Before starting ensure that
the account selected can access the mailboxes that will have the data
imported in to them from OWA or Outlook. If you can the  process should
work. If not I can almost guarantee it won't.

A quick note here. The accounts must already exist and make sure the pst
file name are correct. The best way to do this is to exmerge all the new
(presumably empty) user accounts out to pst files and then compare these to
the ones to be imported. The pst file names must be identical in each case
or the import process will fail.

Hope that helps. Don't hesitate to get back to me if I can help further at
all.

Regards,

Paul Lemonidis.