Exchange Server Problems

  • From: "Elias, Delores" <delias@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 10:42:17 -0400

We recently built a new Exchange server (5.5, sp4) on a W2k box (sp3).  Our
old one was 5.5, sp4 and NT4 sp6a.  We moved a few test mailboxes and
everything worked fine.  Over the weekend we moved the rest of the
mailboxes, re-homed the server and since then we have had numerous problems.
Some users receive a message that their logon credentials are incorrect
(which is not true) when trying to access Outlook (which is 2000) .  Quite a
few users are experiencing slowness and freezing when opening or sending
mail, opening contacts, tasks, etc.  One user lost some folders he created
under his Inbox (not using personal folders).  We've had a consultant here
to try to help us figure this out, but they are stumped.  On some of the
older computers (I still have some 95 out there), I've had to use host files
in order to connect to the server.  We do have DNS and WINS and they have
been changed accordingly with the new IP address and computer name.
I didn't personally do the re-homing but as far as I know it went off
without a hitch - no error messages or anything.
Can anyone help with this problem or should I say problems?  You know, point
me in the right direction or just come over here and fix it?  :)