Exchange Server POP3 and SSL

  • From: "Maxmelandri" <maxmelandri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 17:15:03 +0200

Hi all  exchange gurus ! I'm trying to enable SSL on our exchange server. I
requested a trial certificate and, as far as I know, I didn't made any
errors, but obviously it doesn't works. I have Exchange Server 5.5 SP 4
installed on Windows 2k Server.

I received three .CRT files from the certification authority (not Verisign).
I followed the preocedure and I used Keyring.exe to install our certificate.
I enabled on POP3 protocol the basic text withh SSL option and obviously on
the clients Imade the appropriate configuration.
What i have in the event viewer is the event 11104 with an error code 0x54f.
About the event I found some documention, but about the error code I found
nothing.

Any ideas ?

Thanks anyway
Massimo