Re: Exchange Server Installation

  • From: "Otto G. Holland" <oholland@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 23:21:00 -0400

Hi,
I may not be an authority on the subject but my experience with Exchange 5.5
and 2000 is that a registered Domain name is the easiest way. You will then
have the MX record and CNAME point to you IP address/Server.

There are ways to have an Intranet server retrieve email from say a POP3 server
then distribute the mail to the appropriate mail boxes. Hope someone with the
experience will add his/her experience to the subject.
Sincerely,
Otto Holland
oholland@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:oholland@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>