RE: Exchange Server Hardware Upgrade

  • From: "Justin Culbreath" <justinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 10:54:05 -0600

The information store was taking up about 980mb out of 1gb.  When other
services needed the ram the information store would start to queue
messages. (both incoming and sending)  If the other process was active
for any period of time, the queue length would get rather high.  When we
upgraded the ram to the 3gig, the information store still obtains the
980mb, however there is now enough memory available for all other
requests.  At a later time I might up the amount of virtual memory the
system is using, this should allow exchange to consume more ram, and
might boost performance.  However right now, I'm not having any of those
issues, so I'm all for smooth sailing.  Currently total memory usage for
the system is 1438mb, leaving me with over half available.

Justin Culbreath
Systems Engineer
Weld County School District Six
970-348-6512