RE: Exchange Server Hardware Upgrade

  • From: Andrea Coppini <AndreaCoppini@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 17:29:07 +0200

We have the following running WinNT 4 + Exch 5.5, as well as McAffee
Groupshield anti-virus and OWA:

HP Netserver LC2000r:
Single P3-Xeon 700  (upgr to 2)
1.1Gb RAM
3x U160 36Gb 10,000rpm drives in RAID5

I have 60 mailboxes with around 40 active users...  No complaints and
processor and memory aren't under heavy load.

In your case I would definitely add more RAM and use a good quality RAID5 or
RAID0+1 system (IDE or SCSI, not much difference with Promise on the market,
as long as the drives are >7,400rpm)

Regards
Andrea