RE: Exchange Server Hardware Upgrade

  • From: "Jeffrey Robillard" <jrobill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 11:04:45 -0400

I have 160 users on a PIII-500 with 1gb and RAID-5 100gb.  Only a few
minor performance issues that we believe a second processor and a 1gb
enet nic couldnt solve.

No idea what brand of equipment you have but I would definitely dump the
IDE's and get a machine that has hot pluggable scsi drives and some sort
of raid configuration.

Are the consultants selling you the hardware?

Who said there was anything wrong with overkill.  Its definitely better
than underkill because then you are usually just road kill.