RE: Exchange Server Database Move and Backup

  • From: "Joe DeRuvo" <joed@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 18:09:09 -0700

John:

I have started with this company about three weeks ago.  Their intention is to
upgrade to Exchange Server 2003 (hopefully Enterprise Edition) from Exchange
Server 2000 Standard Edition.  Coming in to this company the D drive on the
mail server is at capacity (there is about 950 MB of free space left on D:).
There is 30 GB free on the C: drive.  I wanted to move the mail database to C:,
run utilities because there is some file corruption, and then proceed to setup
and install Exchange 2003
Server on a new server the company puchased and migrate over the mailboxes.  We
are in the process of deciding on Exchange 2003 Enterprise or Standard edition
and purchasing CALs.   Would placing the databases on the C: on a temporary
basis be ok?    What problems may I run into placing the database on C:?
Thanks for getting back to me.

Joe (direct # 415-493-3246)