Exchange Server 5.5 remote management from W2k w/s

  • From: marc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 08:34:13 -0600

I am running Exchange Server 5.5 on a NT 4.0 Server. My
workstation is a W2K machine. I loaded the exchange
administrator on my w/s. When I try to connect to the
server, I get the following error.

A connection could not be made to the Microsoft Exchange
Server Computer 'server'. The Microsoft Exchange Server
does not respond. Microsoft Exchange Directory ID no:
DS_E_COMMUNICATIONS_PROBLEM

I read up on problems involving encryption that required
certain patches to be applied. Those patches are on the
server. Any advice would be appreciated.