Exchange Server 5

  • From: "Chris Thompson" <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 10:17:32 -0700

I just recently inherited a site with a couple of NT 4 Servers and an
Exchange 5 server. It's been a while since I've had to maintain an
Exchange Server...come to think of it, I haven't even laid hands on an
Exchange Server since about 1997.
I seem to be able to find very little reference to Exchange Server 5 on
the Internet. There seems to be a good deal of information on Exchange
Server 5.5 and 2000. Is there an upgrade path from 5 to 5.5 that doesn't
involve a significant investment (times are tough)? And what would the
benefit be in upgrading the Exchange Server? This organization is using
this single Exchange Server in a small business setting with about 20
clients for internal email as well as SMTP Internet email.

Thanks for your advice.
Regards,
   Chris Thompson

chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx