RE: Exchange Server 2003 user list

  • From: "A. Michael Salim" <msalim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 14:30:08 -0500 (EST)

Hi Jason,

> You could do the queries from any workstation so perl doesn't need to be
> on the server. I have my linux box doing queries against my Exchange 5.5
> box so I can check

Thanks!  very useful.  That also leads me to another LDAP question (which
I posted as few days ago).  How do you prevent "everybody" from running
LDAP queries on your server?

For example, I have multiple domain names on my exchange server, each one
being a separate, independent company.  It seems all I need is a valid
user account on my exchange server (like any of the users) and I can run
LDAP queries to list out the entire user names and email addresses etc.
There has to be a way to prevent that!  I just did that with SmartR and
it's scary.

PS:  Please excuse my ignorance on LDAP, I am still learning :-)

best regards