RE: Exchange Server 2003 SP2 - OK Now To Install?

  • From: "Carl Houseman" <c.houseman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 23:47:31 -0500

The new facility for subject or body text black/whitelisting - well, the
whitelisting is broken.
And false positives for the oddest things.

Try it yourself.  Send an SMTP message from outside your org with subject
line:
     Backup Exec Alert: Job Success
and a short one-line body text, e.g. "Job 1553 was successful".  This
message will get a high SCL.  What makes this spammy is a mystery to me.

Now attempt to white-list all messages of similar subject line.  I tried
both of these:

     <CustomWeightEntry Type="SUBJECT" Change="MIN" Text="Backup Exec"/>
     <CustomWeightEntry Type="SUBJECT" Change="-9" Text="Backup Exec"/>

And neither worked.  I know my .xml file is being recognized and read
because I can blacklist a word that might otherwise pass and after doing so
such messages will get a high SCL.

If you can duplicate this, perhaps you can keep me up to date on the MSKB
article progress?

I've noticed complaints regarding Backupexec mailings getting caught by IMF
on two different Exchange lists.

Thanks.
Carl