[ExchangeList] Exchange SP2 deployment

  • From: "MAHADEVAN Subramanyan" <SMahadevan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 10:29:04 +0530

http://www.msexchange.org
-------------------------------------------------------In one of our Exchange
sites Exchange admins have installed Exchange
server SP2 on Windows 2003 server (without Windows 2003 SP1). They even
did not install the required hotfix 898060 which is a pre-requisite as
given in release notes.

But till now they don't have any issues. Everything seems to be
normal...!!!

My question is will it affect the site later as I do not see any event
log errors till now.... If the Widows 2003 server SP1 is deployed now,
will it have any impact? And also will SMTP tarpitting feature works if
I deploy Windows 2003 SP1 after deploying Exchange 2003 SP2??

Your suggestion is appreciated
Regards, Maha
Confidentiality Statement:

This message is intended only for the individual or entity to which it is
addressed. It may contain privileged, confidential information which is exempt
from disclosure under applicable laws. If you are not the intended recipient,
please note that you are strictly prohibited from disseminating or distributing
this information (other than to the intended recipient) or copying this
information. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us
immediately by return email.