Exchange SP2 Upgrade Error

  • From: "Sian Clarke" <Sian.Clarke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 15:22:03 +0100

Hi People,

I'm trying to upgrade my clustered Exchange environment to Exchange SP2
following the SP1 instructions for deploying a service pack in a
clustered environment.  I'm seeing the following ID's while trying to
shift resources between my cluster nodes...

SYSTEM:             Event ID 1205 "The Cluster Service failed to bring
the Resource Group "EVS_MAILSERVERNAME" completely online or offline."

APPLICATION:     Event ID 1012 "Exchange Information Store Instance
(MAILSERVERNAME): The RPC call to the service to take the resource
offline failed."

                        Event ID 1004 "Exchange Information Store
Instance (MAILSERVERNAME): Failed to take the resource offline."

                        Event ID 1020 "Exchange Information Store
Instance (MAILSERVERNAME): Failed to take this resource offline because
of timeout."

I'm running Exchange 2003 SP1 on Windows 2003 SP1 with an active/passive

Failover eventually occurred, (not before my zero downtime claim had
been queried by my boss with a few system tray glitches) but I'm
wondering if there's anything I can turn up in the diagnostics logging
to help track the problem down- there're no other significant events in
event viewer.  I haven't moved any further down the line with my SP
upgrade as I want to make sure things will come back online when I
proceed with the rest of the install.

If anyone could help it'd be much appreciated. :o)

With Kind Regards,

Sian Clarke
ICT Systems Development
Newham University Hospital NHS Trust
St Andrews Hospital
ICT Department
Devas St
Bow, London E3 3NT

T:  0207 363 9054
E:  sian.clarke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
W: <>

The Information contained in this message is confidential and is
intended for the addressee only. If you have received this message in
error or there are any problems please notify the originator immediately.
The unauthorised use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message
is strictly forbidden. This mail and any attachments have been scanned
for viruses prior to leaving the Newham University Hospital NHS Trust network.
Newham University Hospital NHS Trust will not be liable for direct, special,
indirect or consequential damages arising from alteration of the contents
of this message by a third party or as a result of any virus being passed on.