Exchange SMTP Queue full of rubbish

  • From: "Mike Hatfield" <mike.hatfield@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 22:44:31 -0700

I've got SBS 2003 and the Exchange queue is frequently full of rubbish
entries.
Currently there are 28 of these entries, some with multiple messages.
In every case they are not messages that we are sending, at least not
knowingly.
For example:
SmallBuusiness SMTP Connector - myit365 (SMTP Connector)   SMTP Default
SMTP Virtual Server Retry 1 --- 4 messages

The additional information is mostly
"The connection was dropped by the remote host" or
"The remote server did not respond to a connection attempt"

I have search everywhere for A) why this is happening and B) How to stop
it.
We Have Trend Micro Client/Server/Messaging suite for SMB with all the
emanger options turned on.
We also have a hardware firewall with all ports except 80, 25 and remote
outlook locked down.
Some advice on this problem would be appreciated.

Thanks