RE: Exchange Restarts with Memory Dump

  • From: "John Tolmachoff \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 09:22:10 -0800

The point is he is not seeking "help". He is seeking an answer.

There is a difference.

And yes, I am trying to discourage these newbie's who think that just
because they can log onto a server, they can maintain it and work on it.
They need to get off there attitude of "sure I can work on that even though
I have no prior knowledge of it and no training".

These people need to learn that there are certain prerequisites.
Fundamentals. Like, if an error occurs, what to do.

If some one comes on here such as the poster and says this is the error
message, what do I need to do, and if we come on and say do this and this,
what has this person learned? Have we really helped? No.

If you see an error message, this should be the order:

List question.

Why, because by searching and reading, you learn. This is what I have done.
During research on a problem, I always stumble on other things that Hey, I
did not know that, or Hey, I was looking for that or so forth.

Doing some research and looking is part of our job. Why, if every person
working on Exchange came on here and posted every question they had because
they say an error message, this list would be thousands of posts per day.

John Tolmachoff
eServices For You