Exchange Relay

  • From: "William Holmes" <wtholmes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 16:01:06 -0400

Hello,

On an Exchange 2003 system I have configured the SMTP virtual server in the
following way:

Authentication: Anonymous access.
Connection: All except the list below, with no computers listed in the access
list.
Relay Restrictions: Only the list below, with my local subnet added to the
Access List and the Alloqw all computers which successfully authenticate to
relay Checkbox is cleared.

With this setup any host should be able to send mail to my domain, but no one
should be able to relay through my server.

However it is still possible to relay. Any ideas on what my be going wrong?

Thanks

Bill