Exchange Public Folder for Sharing Excel file?

  • From: Danny <nocmonkey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 11:02:14 -0400

Any suggestions with some security in mind on how to provide a partner
company simple access to one or more Excel files? Right now, the Excel
files are inefficiently emailed back and forth, and one of them is
legitimately over 5MB?

Our envrionment: Internet -> Firewall -> Port 25 -> OpenBSD w/ Postfix
-> Exchange 2003. All other ports are blocked. Our website is hosted
externally.

I was thinking about an Exchange public folder, but then we would have
to open traffic to the Exchange server. I'll have to see if users can
read and write the Excel file, and what happens when two users open
the file at the same time.

Thank you,

...D