Exchange Public Folder Woes

  • From: "saker klippsten" <saker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 20:52:42 -0800

I have been battling this problem of not being able to delete folders/ files on
my exchange server

This exchange server is also the AD DC.
I have some folders in public folders specifically under the newsgroups section
that I cannot delete.
I created the folder's) and I was forwarding e-mails to the folders so I can
write to them. but when I went to go
delete a msg it would not let me. So I went to the M: drive thinking I could go
there and delete the folder
I am logged in as Administrator for the Domain. Tried to del it I cant. I went
to view permissions on the folder
it says that I only have viewing permissions. I went to see who owned the
folder and it says SYSTEM.

Another Problem is using the ESM Consol. if I go to the Public Folder Instances
and right click on that folder or any folder I get
an error . the object is no longer available hit F5 to refresh ID no: 80040e19
I have looked into this and I know it has something to do with the default
website.  I have 3 websites hosted as well. using a hostheader
could that be doing something?

thanks in advance
-s

Saker Klippsten