Exchange Optimization

  • From: "cancer man" <cancerman@xxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 20:03:59 -0600

Hello there,
The network i look after has been having a few problems with exchange due
to our limited disk space on our server.  This should be rectified once we
get a new one, but that will be a few months down the track.

Currently, our priv.edb is on C: and when the edb log files accumulate,
our C: runs below 500MB, the exchange services are stopped.

What i can do is move this ebd through Exchange Optimizer to another
partition.  This other parition though is not extremely large, and would
leave me with about 500MB of space left after the move.

ie. all we are doing is moving it off C: (boot system) to a normal data
drive.

Does anyone know if the problem would be alleviated by moving the priv db
off the boot partition?  Or does this db need 500mb free space to operate.

Thanks in advance for any help/advice.

have a good day,
cm..