RE: Exchange Move over

  • From: "Muqeem Syed" <Syed.Muqeem@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 10:58:13 +0200

You will need to make the neccessary changes on the DNS for the move to
indicate the new MX records settings.. also note that it might be
possible for you to have multilple instances of the exchange servers
running at the same time.. in order to mninimise or avoid complete
downtime i think you can add some more exxchange ervers with a different
alias name and also have different mx priority... but check again with
others.. but i think you can go ahead with the move by a proper plan and
avoid complete downti,e.. that is zero down time.