RE: Exchange Mail

  • From: "Tuttle, Gene" <cetuttle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 08:52:39 -0500

I had the same problem when upgrading form 5.5 to 2003.
The "problem" is that the new version is locked down to reduce the
probability of an open relay.  My exchange server is not directly
exposed to the internet so I do not want the extra protections. I have a
Linux server as a firewall. The Firewall has sendmail on it that will
relay external email to the exchange server.  I also have an internal
Linux server with a group of people using it as their email server.
Both servers share the same domain name.

I changed the internet connector to allow relay by checking the Allow
messages to be relayed check box.  If you are also sharing the domain
name space with a non exchange server you may need to look at article
Q321721 and Q319759

Good luck.
Gene