Exchange Hotfix questions...

  • From: Chris Wall <Chris.Wall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 16:11:49 -0500

Hello all,

    Recently had to do an exchange rebuild and working with a plan devised
with Microsoft Technical support.  One of the steps included removing
Exchange from the system (Following KB article 259158).

    To make a long story short, this KB article never mentions that you
should remove all Hotfixes prior to following the steps.  Now I have a
functioning e-mail server after re-installing, but several features of OWA
are not working correctly.  These issues are resolved by installing
Hotfixes.  Unfortunately, each time I try to install the hotfix, a warning
appears stating that the hotfix is already installed on the server.
However, when I go to Add\Remove programs and select to remove the hotfix,
it errors out.

    Does anyone know how to manually remove a hotfix so that it can be
re-installed?

Regards,

Chris