RE: Exchange Front End and OWA

  • From: "Spelt, Martijn" <M.spelt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 17:21:06 +0100

Hi chris,

We had quite the same problem, we have owa in the dmz and password change
wasn't working,
there littele information out there, but i got iit working after some time,
this is wat i did.
first you have to get an ssl certificate, becouse the password change request
with sent to ads had to be encrypted for security reasons.
i didn't managed to install the website on an member server, so we put it on an
domain controller, but iam not sure whether it's nessecary.
then we gave Read/exec,list permissions on the iisadminpwd directory in het
system32 folder.
in iis, we gave read permissions, and script and executable execture permissions
in the default document specify aexp.htr as default document, diable anonymous
access, and we put basic and intergrated on
thats how it worked for me.
we used it for an pilot, but because of the limitations and problems with
different versions of i.e. and netscape, we stopped with passwordchange.

I hope this helps a little, i have a link for more information included.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnw2kmag01/html/passwords.asp

greets

Martijn Spelt
Computer & Network Services