RE: Exchange Extensions

  • From: Danny <nocmonkey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 18:07:08 -0400

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 17:47:46 -0400, Nef Perez <nperez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> http://www.MSExchange.org/
>
> Thanks Danny.

My pleasure.

> I did a little research and found that it can possibly be done,
> according to Microsoft, by using Microsoft's Outlook Security Features
> Administrative Package that's included in the MS Office XP Resource Kit.
> Ever use that?
>
> Essentially, you create a public folder and modify an outlook template,
> then modify a GPO or manually edit the registry on the workstation.
>
> Anyone ever do it this way?

It might be different for Office XP, but for 2003, you download the
Office ADM's for Group Policy and you can push/enforce all the Office
settings you wish through Active Directory Group Policy. I have mine
setup with a list of allowed attachment extenstions within the Outlook
ADM section of the GPO.

...D