Exchange Event Service Failure

  • From: "Steve Goudreau" <sgoudreau@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 09:32:10 -0400

I've been pouring through the Knowledge base and Technet for some time now
trying to figure this out so maybe someone out there knows the answer or fix.
Okay here's the situation I have a cluster Exchange 2000 Server, and no matter
what I do the Exchange Event service won't stay started. It starts, then
reports the error below and stops. Now there is a KB article that somewhat
relates to this but I states that it will cause this behavior if there is
already a EventsConfig_Mailservername folder under your system folder, problem
is that I don't have that folder at all, so that kinda make null and void of
that KB, as an FYI.  If anyone has any ideas I am more than open to hear them.
Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSExchangeES
Event Category: General
Event ID: 5
Date:  8/23/2002
Time:  6:27:31 AM
User:  N/A
Computer: SPRUCE
An unexpected MAPI error occurred.  Error returned was [0x8000ffff].

Steve Goudreau
Systems Engineer
Internet Operations Center