[ExchangeList] Re: Exchange Direct Push

  • From: Evan Mann <emann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 09:35:07 -0400

I use it.  It essentially makes an RPC over HTTP(S) connection from your
mobile device to your Exchange server, just like Outlook 2003 can.

It does not require 443/HTTPS, but it is highly recommended.

1 server is all you need.  You say you don't have an OWA server, but you
will need the HTTP Virtual Server enabled and functional on your
exchange box for this to work. This basically enabled OWA.