RE: Exchange Central Calendar Sharing[Scanned OK]

  • From: "Taylor, George" <gtaylor@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 09:34:31 -0700

We are actually doing that currently for our IS Leave Calendar, works
fairly well.  This is only done for all day event though, putting
multiple people's personal schedule into a single calendar just isn't
doable.  Even using it for just all day events has one down fall that
we've run across, if you hit a day that more than 16 (I think that's the
right number)people have scheduled it off not all of the events will
show up on the calendar, so holidays don't show everyone as being on
leave.

We have a policy that your calendar will have read permissions for
everyone then we teach the user how to simply open someone else's
calendar.  Some throw a fit at first until we show thme how they can
mark things as private, that way it shows their busy, but not what their
doing.

George Taylor
Systems Programmer
Regional Health Inc.