RE: Exchange Archiving solution

  • From: Dave stevens <london31uk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "\[ExchangeList\]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 02:34:11 -0800 (PST)

EmcXtender is a nice product I hear, but can get quite pricey. For now we dont
have any other choice, but to continue what what are doing, which is PST over
the network. might now be recommended, but somehow you are sure archived mails
are backed up.

  Dave

ChongJa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
  http://www.MSExchange.org/
  No native solution. I had gone through this scenario with MS a while ago. We
had users archiving to .pst to network. We stopped this after MS told us it was
not recommended and a friend of mine told us he did experienced a large scale
corruption in which hundreds of users .pst got corrupt during some network
outage and spent the weekend recovering them from backup. Of course these are
rare incidents. Once we stopped this, what we did was manually archiving users
mailbox when they reached their limit to DVDs which was a pain. But then you
had users who still used .psts over the network and add to to their .pst file
that was given to them all that so it was far from manageable. Then we got
emcxtender.