RE: Exchange Archiving solution

  • From: <ChongJa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 13:57:57 -0500

No native solution. I had gone through this scenario with MS a while
ago. We had users archiving to .pst to network. We stopped this after MS
told us it was not recommended and a friend of mine told us he did
experienced a large scale corruption in which hundreds of users .pst got
corrupt during some network outage and spent the weekend recovering them
from backup. Of course these are rare incidents. Once we stopped this,
what we did was manually archiving users mailbox when they reached their
limit to DVDs which was a pain. But then you had users who still used
.psts over the network and add to to their .pst file that was given to
them all that so it was far from manageable. Then we got emcxtender.