Re: Exchange Alternative

  • From: "Technical Support" <tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 10:34:12 -0000

If you are looking at a cheapish solution then you could use Imail running
with Declude and Fprot.

Imail server ( is a nice little email server. it does pop,
imap and web mail.

Declude Virus integrates with the
mail server and scans all incoming and out going messages. You can use
almost any anti virus software with it. If you want a cheap solution for
virus scanning you could do alot worse than fprot.

Fprot You only require the dos
version if you are using Declude Virus so it cost $20 per year. The have
regular definition updates. 5 already in Jan 2003.

Hope this gives you some ideas

Frustrated Admin