Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 Migration Question

  • From: Naboth Semwayo <naboths@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 15:35:45 +0200

We will be migrating from NT4 Domain and NT platform to win 2003 Server and
exchange 2003. My Migration plan involves first taking care of the PDC to
upgrade to 2003 AD. I have exchange 5.5 running on an NT member server. My
questions are:

1) After I upgrade my PDC before upgrading all other servers, will my
Exchange 5.5 on my NT box continue to work properly using the new 2003 AD?
2) I have a number of receipient containers with custom receipients in them.
How will these be migrated and represented in exchange 2003 (My guess is AD
objects in corresponding OUs)
3) In time we plan to add child domains of our branches to our AD. The
branches' email adds are already in my exchange as custom receipients. When
AD replication occurs wont this conflict with current setup.

Naboth