RE: Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 Migration: Global Address List Not Available.

  • From: "Andrew Hancock" <Andrew.Hancock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2006 20:33:48 -0000

Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 In-Place Upgrade is not possible. (unless you
use Exchange 2k as a stepping stone, we’ve got new hardware, and I believe
this is the recommended approach)

We’ve installed our Active Directory Connector on a Domain Controller, setup
Connection Agreements between 5.5 Directory and Site Replicator Service on
First Exchange 2003 server, we then have two front-end Exchange 2003
Servers, and three clustered pairs which act as Back-Ends.

Users that have their mailboxes on the Single 5.5 server are working
normally, but as soon as we migrate/move their mailbox to a 2003 back-end
server, when they select To: in Microsoft Outlook 2000

The error Global Address List Not Available appears, BookMark not Valid.

Regards

Andrew