Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 Migration: Global Address List Not Available.

  • From: "Andrew Hancock" <Andrew.Hancock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2006 18:17:06 -0000

We have a complete copy of our infrastructure in our test lab, three DCs,
single Exchange 5.5 server, and we have been completing a migration from
Exchange 5.5 (single server, single organization) to Exchange 2003,
everything appears okay, BUT users mailboxes that have been migrated from
Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 servers no longer have access to the Global
Address List when using Outlook 2000 or Outlook XP client.

Outlook Web Access and Outlook Mobile Access clients work correctly.

We have checked MAPI, RPC communication, enabled diagnostic logging, checked
the Global Catalog servers, checked the DCs, checked replication, but still
cannot find a reason for why this is occurring?

Could anyone else think of anything else we should check?

Regards

Andrew