Re: Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003

  • From: David Johnson <djohnson68@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 09:24:18 -0800

Just one caveat from my upgrade at home:  I did all the testing and
all looked good, but when I went to actually perform the upgrade, I
was not able to add my new 2k3 server to the existing site because the
AD connector on my 5.5 box was not the latest rev.  For some reason
that I was never able to figure out, I was also not able to upgrade
the AD connector on that box, so I was forced to create a new site and
move all my users the hard way.  Granted, it was at home and there
were only a handfull of users, but this could have been much worse!

Good luck with your upgrade and I hope all goes well for you!

David Johnson
http://www.edave.org