Exchange 5.5 to 2003 Migration

  • From: "Matt" <mleib@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 14:07:09 -0600

I've created a brand new, completely functional Active Directory for a
client. They've decided to do away with their existing Exchange 5.5 box in
favor of a new 2003 server. It houses all mailboxes and public folders.
The only problem that I am currently having is that it relies on the old
server as its internet mail connector. How do I go about removing the
Internet mail service from the exchange 5.5 computer and have the new one
receive via DNS. There are no static routes to a mail server on any border
devices pointing to either machine.