Exchange 5.5 to 2003 Migration

  • From: Thomas Arena <arena@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 13:29:47 -0500

Hello,
I have an Exchange 5.5 environment with 10 remote locations.  Each location
has a 2K DC running Exchange 5.5.  We are in the process of adding an
additional WIN2K server to the network that will run our new EX2003 server
for an eventual migration to EX2003.   Do we have to use ADC for the 5.5
box?  We would like to be able to bring the new Exchange 2003 server online
and then move the boxes form the 5.5 server to the EX2003 server one by one.
We want to prevent a mass "upgrade" by which all of the boxes are moved at
once from the 5.5 box to the EX2003 box.  Thanks for any guidance.
-thomas