Exchange 5.5 to 2003 Migration

  • From: "Keith Duemling" <kduemling@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 20:02:07 -0500

Thanks in advance.

I've been tasked with upgrading on of our clients from a single machine
running Exchange 5.5 to a new box that will run Windows 2003/Exchange 2003.
Picked up the Microsoft implementation/migration guide, but I wanted some
more in the field thoughts.  Anyone have any suggestions or known issues
they can make me aware of.

I'm specifically concerned with how to get Exchange from 5.5 to 2003 on the
box.  Below is a little background on the machines involved.

The final platform and version of Exchange have not been decided yet, and
probably won't be official until I push back and get some realistic
timeframes in the statement of work.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Server A (Current config)

Windows NT/2000 (have yet to get all the info on this)
DNS Service
DHCP Service
Exchange 5.5/OWA
Symantec AntiVirus