RE: Exchange 5.5 to 2003 Migration

  • From: "Periyasamy, Raj" <Raj.Periyasamy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 15:08:31 -0400

Hi Matt,
You have to delete the IMS Connector in 5.5 and create a new SMTP
connector in Exchange 2003. I am not sure how you are doing address
translations at the firewall level. But, basically, you have to map your
public IP address of the MX record to the Internal IP address of the
Exchange 2003 server that has the SMTP connector.

Regards,

Raj