Exchange 5.5 to 2000 mig.

  • From: Allen Shvarts <ashvarts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 10:56:04 -0800

The situation is that there is a exchange 5.5 server running on win2k. There
is also a win2k Active Directory server that is the current Domain
Controller. I have a new win2k3 server that I want to make an exchange 2000
server. The way it stands now is that if a user is added to Active Directory
they have to be separately added to the exchange 5.5 box. From what I
understand the usernames on AD and exchange 5.5 are the same, but on the
exchange box the email address are different so the username could be bob
but the email is bgates@xxxxxxxxxxx I could really use some help on how to
make the new exchange 2000 box be part of Active Directory and make it so
all the user exchange settings copy over like emails and forwards.